There is no denying that the cloud is the future. According to a survey conducted by Deloitte, it was found that about 90 percent of businesses have adopted the cloud in one way or another. It comes as no surprise considering the benefits offered by the cloud. The fact is that cloud-based services tend to be more flexible and cost-effective. You only get to pay for the services you require and can scale the services as the business grows.
Why Should Businesses Migrate to the Cloud?
There are many reasons why cloud-based platforms are useful. The following benefits apply to call centers.
- Cost-Effective: Customize the service and only pay for the services you require.
- Greater Scalability and Flexibility: Utilize the option to add more features and storage space.
- Enhanced Convenience: Access the cloud from any device or location.
- Ensures Business Continuity: Companies can benefit from business continuity as calls would not be dependent on an on-site solution.
- More Opportunities: The sky is the limit with the cloud.
- Easier Call Routing: Benefit from easier and more effective call routing.
- Enhanced Call Quality: The call quality will improve when you switch to the cloud.
Smooth Transitioning to the Cloud
The following checklist will help you transition to the cloud in no time.
1. Identify Needs and Goals
Before you decide to migrate, you need to consider why you need to migrate. The questions mentioned below will help you identify your needs and goals.
- What are the key goals behind the transition?
- What outcomes do you want to achieve?
- How can the call center use the cloud?
- Are there any other tools that require integration?
2. Define All the Challenges That You Want To Solve
When it comes to goal setting, the problems you want to solve through migration need to be identified. You must think about what is working in the current process and how it can be improved. Feedback will need to be regularly gathered from customers and employees. Make sure to research what competitors struggle with and why they switch to the cloud.
3. Highlight the Must-Have Contact Centre Features
Next, you have to highlight the must-have features that you require for your contact center. Once you have defined the goals and challenges, you need to list the must-have features. It might be best to consider an omnichannel cloud contact center as it would help unify multiple channels to provide customers a seamless experience. You must ensure minimal service interruption.
4. Learn How to Train and Communicate with Your Team
To ensure smooth cloud call center migration, you need to consider the following.
- The changes in customer communication.
- Training opportunities.
- How agents should ask questions,
- List of all the platforms or applications that need to be migrated,
- The problems that need to be solved.
- The benefits for the company and the agents.
- The role of each agent during the migration.
Once you have gone over our guide, you will switch your call centre to the cloud. Make sure to follow each tip mentioned above for the best experience.