Gamification - An Important Part of Modern Age E-Learning for Corporates
Gamification has emerged in recent times and has now become a part of e-Learning broadly. It is regarded as an effective way to engage learners and involves them in serious learning processes. By developing interactive learning experiences through gamification, various corporate training, inductions, skill enhancement, and professional skills can be inculcated in employees easily.
Gamification that is used for serious learning can meet the required goals when the key elements and objectives of learning consolidate with gaming. Gamification encourages users or players to compete with each other and achieve the targets and reach new levels. With this technique, players can master their skills, compete, learn, and socialize; they can also earn various rewards for their achievements.
Value of Gamification for Businesses and Learners
Businesses that invest in gamification often think whether it is the best method to provide training and learning, and will the learners gain the benefits of learning through it or not.
Although gamification involves a lot of fun for the learners, it is a great learning strategy because it grabs attention, intrigues the players to continue the journey for as long as they can, allows to grasp the concept, and engages them. Therefore, a gamification concept that is crafted with these points is more likely to get a good outcome from the learners. Well-developed gamification will prove beneficial for learners and businesses.
Here are the statistics from learners who were involved in gamification-based learning:
- About 65% of the learners convey that gamification learning is a lot more motivating than the traditional learning courses
- 80% of learners asserted that gamification is a more productive way of learning
Some benefits that businesses garner by providing gamification for learning are as follows:
- Gamification is quite an engaging method of learning, and with the right approach, organizations can meet learning outcomes more effectively than any other traditional approach
- Because gamification engages the learners completely, the completion rates of the course can be quite high
- Gamification is versatile, and therefore businesses can use it not only for learning, but it can also be used for training and performance improvement
How Can You Develop an Excellent Gamification Learning Experience?
In order to get the most out of gamification learning, it is imperative to keep the following points in mind that you must impart when you develop a gamified learning course.
- Interactive approach
- Learners engagement
- Good retention
- High recall
- Challenges with reviews of the primary learning
- Application of the things learned on the job
- Trigger thinking
- Influences changes in behavior
To impart the above points in the gamification learning method, it is crucial to develop gamification with these elements:
- Various levels
- Achievement badges
Examples of Gamification in e-Learning
You can check out a few examples of how gamification enhances e-learning and helps businesses in training programs and allows employees to apply the skills learned through gamification on their jobs.
Induction Program for a Retail Company
A huge retail company developed a gamified induction program for the training purpose of its customer services team to adapt to the culture of the company. This gamified course was developed in a 360-degree platform that consisted of Virtual Reality, having features like leader-boards, personalized avatars, and performance analysis. This type of learning helped the organization to understand the efficiency of the users’ interactions.
Induction program for an entertainment company
A globally known entertainment company created a gamification learning experience for its employees to familiarize them with the company policies, company history, important procedures, and various career growth opportunities.
The gamified experience included rich visuals that could be customized, visual tours, and relatable details that made it a fascinating e-learning experience.
Enhancing Professional Skills
A gamified course had an excellent approach and required the players to complete different levels; the advancement in these levels showed the proficiency of the players.
- The gamified learning experience included various real-life challenges and scenarios that the employees had to deal with
- In this course, the employees could directly take up the challenge instead of going through theory in the beginning. They could also ask for help if they were unable to clear a challenge
- There was also new content every time an employee came back to the learning process; this helped in refreshing the learning experience
Rewards And Recognition
A Gamified learning experience gives the learners a chance to gain rewards by performing well in the course.
- The learners are asked to perform various gamified activities that outline various important aspects of the organization
- These activities are simulated and assist the employees in understanding various concepts and programs of the organization. Performing well in these activities leads to a higher score on the leader-board, which helps them to achieve various rewards.
If you pay attention to the element of the above examples, you can discern that gamification is an excellent way to engage your employees in an interactive learning experience. It is a versatile method and can help your organization in a lot of ways, from learning to training and development. Implementing gamification learning can, therefore, boost your organizational activities to a great extent.